After leaving ‘Remmy the Cat’ behind I decided to have a story focused around a Pegasus. I knew I wanted a sky involved with plenty of simplicity, thus allowing me more time to focus on the modelling, rigging and animating. The main problem at this point was that I didn’t have a story plot, only images in my mind…typical for me really.
Fast forward in time…. the idea suddenly popped into my mind when sitting in the car on the way to hospital with my sister. Although a simple idea it could take a while to pull off.
Sooo here we go!
- Pegasus is in the clouds and about to doze off to sleep whilst guarding the kingdom (probably dusk/just getting dark)
- Out of the corner of his eye he notices a bright flame burning in the distance, it both frustrates and intrigues him….he must know what it is!!
- The only problem is, he is afraid of flying.
- A fluffy cloud passes by, he grabs the opportunity and leaps on.
- Now he must continue his journey…
- He hops from cloud to cloud and eventually reaches his target
- He looks quite triumphant having confronted his assailant. Taking a deep breath he blows his nemesis (the flame) out.
- The mist starts to disperse and we see the hind of a huge dragon. (Dragon is perched at the top of the mountain) .
- Realising the flame was the tip of the dragon’s tail, Pegasus quickly takes to the sky in fright and flies quickly back to where he started. (All fear of flight has been vanquished by this encounter)
After having thought up this story I came across a statue online whilst researching. It depicts a Pegasus defeating a dragon. Huh! This came as a surprise as these creatures are what I’m focusing on. According to wiki it is the 2nd tallest statue in the United States after the Statue of Liberty, and the 3rd tallest in U.S. It is also the world’s largest and tallest equine and European Dragon statue standing at 50 feet high.
En.wikipedia.org. (2017). Pegasus and Dragon. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_and_Dragon [Accessed 22 Nov. 2017].
Strassacker.com. (2017). Pegasus & Dragon – Strassacker. [online] Available at: https://www.strassacker.com/en/artists/a-z/atelier-strassacker/pegasus [Accessed 22 Nov. 2017].